The National Collegiate Rugby insurance program consists of two core policies:
- General Liability Insurance
- Participant Accident Insurance
The NCR Insurance plan defines the Insured as “the National Collegiate Rugby Organization, Inc. and all affiliated conferences and clubs.” In addition the plan provides coverage to the following Insured Persons:
- Registered players
- Registered Coaches
- Referees and other match officials while officiating an NCR match
The liability insurance also covers:
- team managers
- physical therapists
- contractors and employees
- broadcast service providers
- ball boys/girls
- co-opted volunteer workers
- other match officials of the insured
- the referee’s organization (society) and its officers
- Players on the opposing team during a match with an NCR team
Insurance coverage is provided under the Participant Accident and General Liability policies to the above insured persons while participating in covered events, including:
- Playing in rugby matches.
- Officiating an NCR rugby match (at least one NCR team is participating).
- Engaged in organized training and practice (in-person and online).
- Traveling directly to, from or between official matches or training and your home or work.
- Staying away from your home or place of residence for the purpose of participating in tournaments or matches.
- Engaged in administrative or organized social activities for your club or conference.
- Engaged in fundraising activities and voluntary work performed on behalf of the Insured.
The insurance policies apply to covered events held domestically or internationally.
For referees, a covered event includes matches where an NCR team is playing a team from another association under a different insurance policy.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance policies cover clubs and individuals for claims involving bodily injuries and property damage for which they may be legally responsible.
The NCR membership fees include General Liability and Participant Accident insurance for players, coaches, referees, and volunteers while engaged in rugby activities including:
- Sanctioned Events, athletic and non-athletic activities
- Events organized, conducted, sponsored and supervised by NCR
A sanctioned event also includes matches where an NCR team is playing a non-NCR team.
The insurance is provided by Everest National Insurance Company.
The purpose of participant accident insurance is to provide secondary benefits in the event of an injury, to registered NCR members. This means insurance coverage is supplemental to an individual’s primary health insurance coverage.
- The policy covers registered National Collegiate Rugby members while participating in any NCR sanctioned event.
- Must be a registered NCR member prior to the time of injury.
- This is secondary coverage, but will serve as primary coverage in the absence of other medical coverage.
The insurance underwriter is Everest Reinsurance Company.
Members interested in purchasing the $0 deductible Participant Accident Insurance Buy-Up can complete this form.
The NCR Accident Insurance also provides daily coverage for non-NCR opponents, school alumni, and others. To purchase a daily accident insurance plan, complete the application form below and send the PDF version to email@example.com.
You will be invoiced $6 per player, and receive NCR’s standard accident insurance coverage for the specified day.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
Mutual of Omaha Plaza
Omaha, NE 68175
Download below document and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accident Insurance Features
Certificate of Insurance Requests
Registered clubs can request Certificates of Insurance (COI) by completing the form below.
You will receive the certificate within 3 business days.
As part of NCR’s insurance program, we are pleased to provide the following features for referees:
- no-cost liability and accident insurance
- coverage that does not require NCR membership
- indemnification for the referee organization and its officers
- coverage for any match that includes at least one NCR team no matter where the match is played (in the US, Canada or overseas)
- effective for all NCR matches after August 1, 2021.
Referees do not need to be registered with NCR to be eligible for matchday liability insurance. However, if a referee wants to be eligible for participant accident insurance, they must register with NCR at no cost. As a registered member, referees will receive updates regarding NCR collegiate rugby news and have access to the NCR’s competition management system.